Gomoti Plains is a classic luxury tented camp situated in the heart of the Okavango Delta.
“The area is known for its large concentrations of wildlife which thrive on the Gomoti plains and waterways. This exclusive area has been a well-kept secret for many years.”
Ideally set in a cool sheltered spot beneath a canopy of mature acacia trees, Gomoti Plains Camp is situated on the edge of the Gomoti River system and floodplains in the center of the Okavango Delta in Botswana.
The main camp area is nestled in evergreen riparian woodland, perfect for relaxing between morning and afternoon activities. By night, the camp is gently illuminated by solar power lighting and paraffin lamps.
What can you expect ?
- 8 classic luxury safari tents
- 2 family tents
- All tents are raised on wooden decks, boasting great views of the floodplains and each room has a shaded veranda.
- the two family units comprise two spacious bedrooms with an adjoining living room in between.
- indoor and outdoor shower with hot and cold running water, flush loos and twin basins.
- tents are tastefully furnished in classic safari style incorporating the land and water of the Okavango delta
- Swimming Pool, with loungers
- Tented Main Area
- Picturesque views over the tributaries of the Gomoti river
- Spa Therapist – treatments include massages and facials done in guests rooms.
- Curio shop
- Walking safaris (Guided walks) – Walking safaris are also conducted generally in the morning with armed guides. The walks are leisurely and time is taken to observe the smaller things in the bush that one normally misses when driving. Walking is weather dependent, or dependent on the condition of the terrain.
- Game Drives – Game drives – Game drives are conducted in the mornings and afternoon/evenings at camp. They usually last about three hours each and are conducted along the river systems and flood plains around the camp. The wildlife in the area is prolific and chances are good to see some of the larger predators, herds of elephant and buffalo and all the plains animals that occur here. Night drives are conducted in the early evening offering one a chance to see the smaller more nocturnal animals with spotlights.
- Mekoro Safaris – This is a dug out canoe poled by an experienced poler in the shallower waters of the Okavango. It is a great way to see the waterways and is tranquil and quiet. These excursions take place in the mornings or longer day trips can be arranged. Explore the islands around camp and come back rested and rejuvenated.