Mpingo Ridge sits on top of an escarpment with sweeping views across the perennial Tarangire River and valley below.
Being the sixth largest national park in Tanzania, Tarangire remains slightly off the main safari circuit but is a terrifically scenic park featuring classic African savannah, green hills, woodlands and rivers and is especially famous for its large herds of elephants, superb birdlife and giant baobab trees. Guests at Mpingo Ridge will enjoy a real sense of wilderness and excellent game viewing, and it’s both a relaxing standalone destination and a great place to start a safari.
Each of the 15 spacious tented suites have been carefully positioned to maximize not only the sensational views over Tarangire but to also take advantage of cooling breezes during hot weather. They feature en‐suite bathrooms, private decks, sunken outside lounges that convert to afternoon siesta beds and one of the suites has two bedrooms.
A special feature is the private outside bathtub—perfect for soothing the soul and washing away the African dust after a day on safari.
The elevated main lodge has a large lounge and bar, indoor and outdoor dining areas, a spa and swimming pool.
Sundowners, early morning walks and game drives in new custom–‐ designed vehicles accompanied by highly-knowledgeable and experienced guides are some of the activities guests can look forward to during their stay.
Season: The property is open year round and the nearest airstrip is a 1hr game drive from the lodge.
- The lodge caters for families with interactive programmes designed for kids up to the age of 11yrs old
- For families there is a 2 bedroom tent with shared lounge or a maximum of 3 beds in one tent.
Keeping the community and environment front of mind:
- All power is provided by a combination of Solar and an Inverter system
- Menus are created with locally sourced produce
- Minimal environmental footprint
- No plastic water bottles on site
- Game drive vehicles seat 6 guests in 3 rows of 2 seats, each row guaranteeing all guests to have a window seat.
- Game drive vehicles are shared, but can be booked exclusively at an extra charge
- Game package and full board available
- Campfire sundowners
- Private and intimate dining options on request
- Bush dinner within the footprint of our camp (additional cost)
- Picnic style bush break fast and lunches
- House drinks including beers, wines, spirits, softdrinks, water and juices included
- Premimum drinks available (additional cost)
- Dietary requirements can be accommodated if notified in advance
- 15 guest tented suites
- Private Dining
- Complementary laundry service
- Wifi in all suites
Sweeping views of the perennial Tarangire River and valley below
En-suite bathrooms, private decks, sunken outside lounges that convert to afternoon siesta beds and one of the suites has two bedrooms
Tented suites have been carefully positioned to maximize not only the sensational views over Tarangire but to also take advantage of cooling breezes during hot weather.
Family friendly with an interactive programme for kids up to the age of 11 years
Separate dining area offering inside and outside dining outside dining
Large lounge and bar area with fireplaces offering an array of seating arrangements and amenities